Sant'Angelo a Nilo
From the end of via Benedetto Croce, on the right side of Piazza San Domenico Maggiore there is another small piazza, piazzetta Nilo, where there is Sant'Angelo a Nilo church. Commissioned by the nobleman Rinaldo Brancaccio, the church was built between the end of the fourteenth and beginning of the fifteenth century. it is today a mix of the Renaissance and the late Baroque. Many artists from Pisa and Florence worked here, leaving their sculptures, like the flattened relief of the Virgin's Assumption attributed to Donatello which has incredible fine engraving, and also the painting Saint Michael Archangel (1573) by Marco Pino.
Piazzetta Nilo, 23 - 80134 Napoli
Tel.: +39 081 211 08 60
Opening hours: Mon - Fri 09.00 - 13.00 / 16.30 - 19.00 / Sat - Sun and holidays 09.00 - 13.00
Nearest metro station: Linea 1 UNIVERSITA'