Chapel of The Monte di Pietá
At the end of via Benedetto Croce, passing piazza San Domenico Maggiore, keep going along via San Biagio dei Librai there is the Chapel of Monte di Pietá. The Monte di Pietá is a charitable institution founded in 1539 thanks to the generosity of Neapolitan noblemen. The chapel was originally the private residence of the aristocratic Carafa family and has the external features of a palace rather than a church, this is why you have to enter through a courtyard. The façade of the chapel is decorated with the statues of Charity and Security by Pietro Bernini while the interior has frescoes, stuccos and a beautiful marble floor. Here worked many of the most important Baroque sculptors and their pupils.
Official website: Cappella Monte di Pietá
Via San Biagio Dei Librai, 114 - 80100 Napoli
Tel.: +39 081 580 72 45
Opening hours: Weekends only - Sat 09.00 - 19.00 / Sun 09.00 - 14.00
Nearest metro station: Linea 1 - UNIVERSITÁ